Life Training Groups are designed to equip the body of Christ with wisdom and understanding of kingdom principles to apply to our life. Life Training Groups are designed with you in mind. The first training groups are designed to build community while learning how to break the chains of bad decisions, habits, and hangups. Each group will incorporate a plan that can be implemented during the 9 week schedule and applied for a lifetime of freedom. Along with our life training groups we will also offer two life groups that will connect believers together as they learn and study the bible by word, discussion and prayer.
Our Life Training Groups include:
- Financial Peace University:
We all need a plan for our money. Financial Peace University (FPU) is that plan! It teaches God’s ways of handling money. Through video teaching, class discussions and interactive small group activities, FPU presents biblical, practical steps to get from where you are to where you’ve dreamed you could be. This plan will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and much more! In fact, did you know the average household will pay off $5,300 in debt and save $2,700 in the first 90 days?
FPU classes meet for around an hour and a half each week for nine weeks. Class begins April 10th at 6:00pm and costs $95.00 to attend. Currently, this class is SOLD OUT!
- The Power of your words:
- the power to heal or to wound
- to encourage or to dishearten
- to praise or to criticize.
They can be the key to our success or the reason for our downfall. So, how do we harness that power? How do we learn to use our words to their greatest potential?
The Power of Your Words training group will take you on a journey of discovery into more than just the obvious physical and emotional impact your words can have. This is a journey that will help you understand the spiritual force inherent in every word you speak. Find out how to live more freely; how to connect more meaningfully; how to undo the damage of your words; and, most important, how to pause, ponder, and then pray before speaking.
- How to study the Bible:
During the 9 weeks of this Life Training Group you will discover how to mine the gems of God’s Word, prayerfully, and intentionally. Topics covered in each session include:
- Devotional Method – selecting a short portion of the Bible and prayerfully meditate on it until the Holy Spirit shows you a way to apply the truth to your life.
- The Chapter Summary Method – Read a chapter of a Bible book through at least five times; then write down a summary of the central thoughts you find in it.
- The Chapter Analysis Method – Master the contents of a chapter of a book of the Bible by taking an in-depth look at each verse in that chapter. Take each verse apart word by word, observing every detail.
- The Character Quality Method – Choose a character quality you would like to work on in your life and study what the Bible says about it.
- The Thematic Method – Select a Bible theme to study. Then think of three to five questions you’d like to have answered about that theme.
- The Biographical Method – Select a Bible character and research all the verses about that person in order to study his life and characteristics. Make notes on his attitudes, strengths, and weaknesses.
- The Topical Method – Collect and compare all the verses you can find on a particular topic. Organize your conclusions into an outline that you can share with another person.
- The Word Study Method – Study the important words of the Bible. Find out how many times a word occurs in Scripture and how it is used. Find out the original meaning of the word.
- The Verse by Verse Analysis Method – Select one passage of Scripture and examine it in detail by asking questions, finding cross references and paraphrasing each verse.
- A Kingdom Life
In this women’s group, you will discover how the Bible can direct your life into kingdom living:
Let the Word guide your life! This guide by Jack Hayford is a great resource for Kingdom living. Edited by respected leaders and ministers, this guide offers focused into specific issues or principles of Spirit-empowered living. The guide’s interactive approach offers an in-depth look at practical living in God’s kingdom and challenges users to examine and live their lives in light of the God’s Word.